Update

African Connection links are now in the sidebar to the right, just below the My Travel section.

Click here to see a La Crosse Tribune article about the mission in Uganda.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Alphabet Soup

Following up on yesterday's theme - the sudden return of winter - I broke out the long sleeved base layer, tights, jacket, glove liners, under-the-helmet cap and toe liners for a 36 mile ride. It was a wonderful early winter evening, with the beauty that abounds around here accentuated by the afternoon light.

My route reads like some secret code: after climbing Bliss Road, I rode along county roads F, FA, FO, OA, O, M, and YY to Highway 33 (don't know how that one slipped in). Then it was back to OA, FO, F, FA and finally down Bliss Road and home. There were climbs on Bliss, OA, YY and FO with descents on FO, OA (twice) and Bliss. It was chilly the entire ride, even on the climbs, which totaled 2,826 feet tonight.

I'm not sure what the weather report is for tomorrow, but I'm not putting away the cold weather gear just yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I alpha - bet you will continue to ride . . . with F - ort.