Update

African Connection links are now in the sidebar to the right, just below the My Travel section.

Click here to see a La Crosse Tribune article about the mission in Uganda.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Really Long Nap

Spring arrived last week and with it came 188 miles ridden in the stylish warm weather outfits preferred by us bikers. Dressed to the 9's, we are. Sunblock was in order and tan line development was well underway. It was, in fact, a very pleasant spring season. While it lasted. Summer apparently came and went while I was napping after the last long ride. Friday, I had to wear a jacket against wind and cold rain. Saturday was washed out. Sunday I bailed out. Monday it snowed. Snow, on April 28. I am not making this up.

So, since there is little riding to write about, I suppose I should unveil the plans for [the next big ride]. Drum roll, please...

June 21 through June 28, Bill and I ride through northwestern Colorado and southern Wyoming on the 500 mile Rocky Mountain National Park tour. Not as long as last year's Seattle to Missoula Northwest Sampler. It will be, however, quite a bit taller. I've taken to trying to spend more time climbing so my training rides have been, so far, a bit shorter than last year. So far, so good.

There, wasn't that exciting?

No comments: