Update

African Connection links are now in the sidebar to the right, just below the My Travel section.

Click here to see a La Crosse Tribune article about the mission in Uganda.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Red Rides Right

Had to take the new red tires out for a check ride. It was a spectacular evening so I decided to ride down the river to Stoddard, staying off the hills out of deference to my back. I figured there is no use spending whatever lower back capital I have left on climbing here, just a day and a half before leaving for Colorado. Still it was 30 miles, the first ten miles riding ahead of a stiff wind. And the last nine riding against it. Of course.

All-in-all an easy ride. I suppose, in the spirit of the airline speak mentioned in the previous post, I can say I just finished a pre-recovery ride. I suspect I'll need all of the recovery I can get once we get started riding in the Rockies. No sense waiting any longer than I have to.

No comments: