Update

African Connection links are now in the sidebar to the right, just below the My Travel section.

Click here to see a La Crosse Tribune article about the mission in Uganda.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hit the Road, Jack...

One more hour, then it's off to the airport for flights to Minneapolis and Kalispell, then a short ride to Whitefish, courtesy of (well, I think I'll actually have to pay) Flathead Glacier Transportation. I hit the road 49 times since February 7 and put in an additional 20 days on the trainer in the basement. As previously noted, the 2,280 miles of riding and 112,500 feet of climbing I had attained last Saturday will indeed have to be enough. The pump finally arrived on Wednesday, but I was officially tapering by then. I did not make the 125,000 ft. goal for climbing, but that's OK. My real goal is to enjoy 7 days on the road in Montana.

No computers on the trip, so no updates to the blog until at least July 27. Once I get settled back into the not-out-on-a-tour routine, I'll post details of the ride, one day at a time.

And now, I'll hit the road...
                                                ...but, I'll be back.

No comments: