Update

African Connection links are now in the sidebar to the right, just below the My Travel section.

Click here to see a La Crosse Tribune article about the mission in Uganda.

Monday, September 20, 2010

All the News That's Fit

"What did I do today?" you ask. Well, among other things, I checked the various news services to take the pulse of the nation on this momentous occasion. Here’s a smattering of what I found...

'Genetically modified' salmon?
Recipe for a new Catholic priest

I think these two may be related. We've known for years what little girls and boys are made of: Sugar and spice and all that's nice and Frogs and snails and puppy-dogs tails, respectively. Now, it appears, someone has cracked the codes for salmon and priests. But the code for engineers - that's another story altogether.

Murder defense: Too much caffeine
I’m going to have to remember this one. You know, just in case.

Paris Hilton admits cocaine was hers
Ok, how is this news? Or a surprise?

World leaders to discuss poverty
And then they'll think they've done something about it.

GOP's feminine side playing catch-up
I DON’T want to know!

5 billionth photo uploaded to Flickr
I just love my new 10,000 terabyte card! Hope you enjoy my pictures. It was the least I could do for you all.

Corvette ZR-1: Great body, iffy face
Just like me. Except for that first one.

Gaga to speak at 'don't ask, don't tell' rally
Don't ask.

Can Vikings, Favre be fixed after 0-2 start?
When coach Childress calls in the vet, those guys better lay low.

How much corruption is too much?
If you have to ask...

Your iPhone, Blackberry can double as hotel key
So can your hammer.

Why men talk like pirates
Johnny Depp. No brainer.

As you can see, it was a pretty slow news day. And not ONE mention of my birthday. [sigh]

Well, there are all of you well wishers on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks. I appreciate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of us thought a lot about your birthday! And hoped it was happy. Thanks for the birthday laughs!

carla said...

hi, following you from blogfrog

http://theblogfrog.com/1400387/forum/53268/friday-follow.html

Have a great day!